Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God

1Kings 8:41-43, 38-40 Moreover concerning a stranger, that is not of your people Israel, but comes out of a far country for Your name's sake; (For they shall hear of Your great name, and of Your strong hand, and of Your stretched out arm;) when he shall come and pray toward this house; You Hear in heaven in Your dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calls to You for: that all people of the earth may know Your name, to fear You, as do Your people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have built, is called by Your name......What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all the people of Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house: Then You will hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart knows You; (for You, You only, know the hearts of all the children of men;) That they may fear (have great awe and reverence of and for) You all the days that their lives in the land which You gave to our fathers. 


In answer to the question in the introduction of this section we fine that our answer is also part of my lead in where I stated this: A knowledge received by a meek and contriteness of heart. As King David said, create in me a pure heart Lord (this is further realized in the following: Numbers 12:6, Psalm 51:10; 2Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:10; Jeremiah 32:39, Ezekiel 11:19, 36:25-27; Matthew 5:8). The beginning of our trust restored in Him Who Is forever and a key of entry into His kingdom rule is a broken and contriteness of heart (see Psalms 32 and 51). For without this NO one will see heaven or God.

Psalm 32:1-11 A sub title for this Psalm could read; Blessedness of forgiveness and of Trust in God
A Psalm of David, Maschil.
How blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sin is covered. How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile (deceit). 
 
When I kept silence (about my sin), my bones waxed old (waste away) through my roaring all the day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me: my moisture (vanity) is turned into the drought (drained away with the heat) of summer. I acknowledged my sin to You, and mine iniquity have I not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the LORD; and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Therefore, let everyone that is godly pray to You in a time (of my iniquity) You may be found: surely in the floods of great waters they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You compass (surround) me about with songs of deliverance.


Here we hear the Lord's response to Davids prayer:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shalt go: I will guide (council) you with mine eye. Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with (trappings include) bit and bridle (to hold them in check), lest (otherwise) they come near to you. Many are the sorrows of the wicked: but he that trusts the LORD, (loving-kindness) mercy shall compass (surround) him. Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones: and shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.

Psalm 51:1, 2-4, 5-9, 10-13, 14-17, 18-19 The sub title for this prayer could be; A Contrite Sinner's Prayer for Pardon

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your loving-kindness: According to the multitude (compassion) blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and did what is evil in Your sight: that You are justified when You speak, and be clear (blameless) when You judge.  


Behold, I was shaped (brought forth) in iniquity; and in sin did my mother
conceive me. Behold, You desire truth in the inward (innermost) parts: and in
the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop*, and
I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy
and gladness; let the bones which You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your
face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
*the word hyssop means something yellowish in color such as wheat ground
to flour has a yellowish color, in our case as New Covenant believers this
could apply to the “word”, when used to reveal our undoneness and utter
sinfulness. Because of the next clause in this verse which states “I shall be
clean” we are washed by the water of the Living Word and made clean,
innocent before Him. 
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Do not
cast me away from Your presence; and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation; and uphold (sustain) me with a free
(willing) spirit. Then will I teach transgressors Your ways; and sinners will be
converted to You. 
Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation (to be set
free): my tongue will sing aloud (joyfully sing) of Your righteousness. O
Lord, open my lips; that my mouth may declare Your praise. For You do not
delight in sacrifice; otherwise I would give it: You (are not pleased) delight
not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a
contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. 
By Your good pleasure You do good in Zion: build the walls of Jerusalem.
Then You will be pleased (delighted) in righteousness of sacrifices, in burnt
offering and whole burnt offering: then young bulls will be offered on Your
altar. 
Within these two Psalms are revealed the keys of David which are acceptable in God's hearing and sight and which are our way into the promise made to woman and Adam, as the “all families of the earth” in Genesis 12:3. We become the living sacrifice of righteousness holy and acceptable to God as stated by Paul in Romans 12:1-3 and what is hidden in Deuteronomy 6:2-7.
 

No comments: